6. Coordinate your house numbers and mailbox.
Updating your house numbers and mailbox is one thing, but why not make them a matching set? And to make sure that your house numbers are visible from the road, step across the street to confirm that they are easily spotted.
7. Add a bench or chair to your entry.
Having a place to rest your bags – or yourself! – when you get home after a long day is the nicest way to come home. Dress up the chair or bench with colourful toss or seat cushions that should coordinate with the colours of your home.
8. “Spit and shine” your door hardware.
Door hardware is a very important décor feature of your door. Consider matching the metal of the hardware to your mailbox and house numbers. You can also add a matching metal door kick plate which can add a look of elegance to your home. If you have brass door hardware and it’s looking a little worn, check out this link on how to spruce it back to a shiny finish.
9. Accessorize your front porch.
There are lots of great outdoor accessories like glass lanterns filled with sand & candles, welcome signs, baskets with flowers, colourful toss cushions, decorative outdoor area rugs or decorative stone pots. But remember, less is more!
10. Make sure your doorbell works as it announces your guests.
The doorbell is the first piece of hardware your guests notice when visiting your home. Make a memorable best first impression of your home with a high quality and unique doorbell.
Latest posts by Nancy DeVries (see all)
- My Laundry Room Renovation - July 2, 2019
- My Modern Kitchen Reveal - September 13, 2018
- Fireplace Renovation with a New Custom Cabinet and Floating Shelves; Before and After - June 13, 2018