2. Put down a new front door mat.
Whether you prefer functional or whimsical, refresh your entry with a colourful, humourous or just a plain new doormat that makes you smile when you get to your door.
3. Brighten up your entryway with a new light.
There is a good selection of affordable outdoor light fixtures in various styles. Choose a fixture that matches the architectural style of your home. Some lights are motion sensitive, while others can be put on dimmers, allowing you to control the mood lighting so you can enjoy your front porch at night without feeling like you are in a spot light.
4. Seasonal plants in a stylish planter.
If you are not a green thumb kind of person, you can purchase beautiful premade planters and hanging baskets at your local garden centre or grocery store. For those who love playing in the dirt, get creative with your planters and recycle unused items such as old watering cans or teapots.
5. Match all your front facing window coverings.
This is one decorating must-do to make your home look put together from the curb. When all your windows are dressed the same, your home will look uniform.
Latest posts by Nancy DeVries (see all)
- My Laundry Room Renovation - July 2, 2019
- My Modern Kitchen Reveal - September 13, 2018
- Fireplace Renovation with a New Custom Cabinet and Floating Shelves; Before and After - June 13, 2018