I love using natural materials at any time of the year to decorate my home, but I especially love it during the Christmas holiday decorating season.
Here is one example of a quick arrangement that I put together in a very short amount of time. I took photos of the process.
- Gather from your garden (or local nursery) some cedar branches, huckleberry or boxwood branches along with some decorative ornaments.
2. Fill your urn with water and place the cedar branches inside, arranging them to hang over the edge of your planter.
3. Place about 3 twigs of huckleberry or boxwood (which you can spray paint to add colour or sparkle) among the cedar branches near the back.
4. Place an oversized ornament (or lichen ball as shown) in the centre of the branches to weigh them down to keep them in place.
5. Add other decorative ornaments or ribbons to your arrangement for the finishing touch.
Now wasn’t that easy?
If you have any quick holiday decorating ideas, share it with us by leaving a comment!
Latest posts by Nancy DeVries (see all)
- Fireplace Renovation With a New Custom Cabinet and Floating Shelves: Before and After - May 18, 2018
- Screen Roller Shades: How They Work, and Which Type is Right for You - March 26, 2018
- Bathroom Renovation Story: How My Husband and I Transformed our Vintage 60’s Bathroom into a Modern Spa - August 25, 2017